Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Okay so my friend Tishi will be so disappointed when she finds that I didn't completely follow through with my Halloween costume idea, but I simply did not do anything eventful over the holiday weekend worth getting dressed up for.  However I will tell you my ridiculous (and very very lazy) idea of a costume I was going to do.

I don't know if you've ever heard of Teenage Mutant Ninja Noses but it is a website dedicated to an odd idea that peoples' noses make the perfect canvas for a Ninja Turtle face.  I found this hilarious and so unique so I wanted to create my own.  Had I done anything for Halloween, I would have painted my nose for the occasion.  However, instead I just drew on top of a pic of myself in gimp so that I, too, could have a Ninja Turtle nose. 

In spirit of Halloween and as an ode to nostalgia, I encourage you to turtle-up your nose and post a pic in my comments.  It's super easy to do and I personally am beaming with pride at my nerd street cred right now.  Kawabunga! 


In the spirit of Halloween I also want to share with you some of my favorite costumes I've seen this year.  There have been so many wonderfully creative ideas that I wish I had the time and energy to try myself.  Maybe next year... just maybe (but probably not.  obviously, I can't even commit to actually painting a ninja turtle on my nose. lol).


The Comic Book Character

The Internet Meme


AT-AT Canine

Cutest Baby Costumes
And finally, the flyest fairy princesses of 2011.  This girl can sing it!



So adorable!  Speaking of adorable, as a last tribute to all things Halloween, I want to share with you one of my favorite blogs of all time called My Milk Toof .  The link I just provided will entertain you with a cute Halloween story of ickle and Lardee.  You will also find the other endearing tales told by the adorable little toofs.  I absolutely LOVE the creative genius behind these stories and creativity in the way they are narrated.  The author personifies them so well that they are so easy to fall in love with.  I'm dedicating this section of the blog to my to favorite story blog characters.  Happy Halloween, ickle and Lardee!




Please everyone be safe this evening if you're planning on celebrating tonight (I know most people partied it up over the weekend).  I relaxed all weekend so tonight I'm actually going to go to a full-service dine-in movie theater just so I can feel like I did something.  I'm used to having massive parties and dressing up.  A couple of years ago we had a zombie party where myself and the other two hostesses dressed as zombies with fully decked makeup, and we would stand at the door and "bite" the guests who came dressed in "civvies".  We dragged each guest to the bathroom and I zombiefied them with makeup and gooey skin bits (squishy gel pieces that came with the kit) and then we had a dance party (as always).  Man I LOVE dressing up.  Hehe. 

I can't emphasize safety enough.  Don't drink and drive, no random midnight walks in the woods, and always, ALWAYS double tap.  Happy Halloween!  Enjoy your night and be safe!


-Little Bird

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may have to ninja up mah nose :D - Anubis

Little Bird said...

yus! please do! hehe!

Tishi Kozlov said...

Aww I was not disappointed at all hon! I think your turtle nose is adorable!! :D

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.